San Diego Leaders’ Call for CLEAR Public Schools
Business, Education Coalition Fight for Greater Transparency, Results
The coalition will unveil a 4-point plan calling for increased transparency through community engagement to the San Diego Unified Board of Trustees. The plan focuses on a greater degree of oversight of public school tax dollars, measuring student classroom success and closing the achievement gap.
- 10:20 a.m. – 10:35 a.m., Tuesday, February 25, 2014
- In front of Emerald Plaza on “C” Street, 402 West Broadway, San Diego, CA 92101
Lisa Berlanga, Executive Director, United Parents for Education
Jerry Sanders, Executive Director, San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce
Sean Karafin, Economic Policy Analyst, San Diego County Taxpayers Association
Other CLEAR Members:
- Barrio Logan College Institute
- League of Women Voters – San Diego
- Ninth District PTA
- Urban League of San Diego County
Gov. Jerry Brown signed the Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF) into law giving parents and community members an unprecedented role in keeping districts accountable to students through the Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP).
# # #